Agnes M. Lindsay
The Agnes M. Lindsay Scholarship provides scholarships for students with demonstrated financial need who are from rural areas of Massachusetts and attend public institutions of higher education within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Who Is Eligible?
Shall mean a student enrolled in an eligible program and meeting the following requirements:
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts for at least one year prior to the opening of the academic year and be a U.S. citizen or a non-citizen eligible under Federal Title IV regulations.
- Be in compliance with state law regarding Selective Service Registration.
- Not be in default of any federal or state loan for attendance at any institution nor owe a refund for any previous financial aid received.
- Provide evidence of documented financial need as measured by a federally approved system of needs analysis.
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in an eligible program as defined by the institution.
- Be maintaining satisfactory academic progress according to institutional standards, with at least an annual review.
- Be a permanent resident of a Massachusetts "rural" area.
An eligible institution shall mean any public college or university in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as defined under Section Chapter 15A, of General Laws, with the exception of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
Individual student awards for an award period may vary.
For More Information
Contact the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance at 617-391-6070.