High Technology Scholar/Intern Tuition Waiver
The High Technology Scholar/Intern Tuition Waiver Program provides an incentive to business and industry to support the computer information technology/science and engineering students through scholarships and internships. Public higher education institutions are encouraged to seek funding from business and industry for computer and information science and technology and engineering scholarships that the Commonwealth will, in turn, match with a full waiver of the cost of a student's annual tuition charges. In addition to scholarships and tuition waivers, students participating in the program gain real life experience in their chosen paths through business and industry internships. This program provides added incentive for high-achieving high school students to attend public institutions of higher education in Massachusetts.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for a High Technology Scholar/Intern Tuition Waiver, a student must:
- Enroll in an eligible program as determined by the Board of Higher Education.
- Be deemed eligible by the participating company or corporation.
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts.
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Not be in default of any Federal or state loan or owe a refund on any previously received financial aid.
- Not have received a prior bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
Any institution within the system of public institutions of higher education Section 5 of Chapter 15A of the General Laws.
Computer Information Science/Technology and Engineering programs to be reviewed and determined annually by the Board of Higher Education.
Individual student awards shall match industry scholarships up to the resident undergraduate tuition rate at the participating institution.
How Do I Apply?
Contact the financial aid office at the institution you are attending or plan to attend for application requirements or deadlines. You can also contact the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance at (617) 391-6070 to obtain more information.