Career Advancement Program
The Career Advancement Program Tuition Waiver is designed to reward Massachusetts's public school teachers in their first three years of teaching who have passed all three components of the Massachusetts Teachers Test. It is further believed that the Career Advancement Program Tuition Waiver helps to increase the retention of new teachers during the first three years when attrition is highest; by rewarding teachers with career advancement opportunities. Eligible public school teachers receive up to three tuition-free state-supported graduate courses, one for each of their first three years of teaching. The value of the tuition waivers is approximately $300 per course.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for a Career Advancement Tuition Waiver, a student must:
- Have passed all three components of the Massachusetts Teachers Test.
- Be a public school teacher in the year he/she using the award.
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts.
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Not be in default of a Federal or state loan or owe a refund on any previously received financial aid.
- File a current year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The nine Massachusetts State Colleges and the four campuses of the University of Massachusetts.
Career Advancement Tuition Waiver recipients shall be eligible for tuition for up to three state-supported graduate courses (in education or areas related to the teacher's subject matter), one for each of their first three years of teaching. Waivers must be used within two years of the year of teaching in a public school that has provided eligibility for the waiver. Individual student awards shall be up to the resident tuition rate at the participating institution.
How Do I Apply?
Contact the financial aid office at the institution you are attending or plan to attend for application requirements or deadlines.
For More Information
Contact the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance at 617-391-6070.