Tuition Waiver Program
The University of Massachusetts Exchange Tuition Waiver Program encourages direct reciprocal and regional cross-registration agreements where the University enters into cooperative learning contracts with other institutions allowing students to receive comparable waivers for cross-institution registration. Under such an agreement, University of Massachusetts students attend exchange institutions without tuition charge and exchange students attend the University without tuition charge, or with payment at in-state rates to the home institution. These exchange programs are limited and involve only institutions with which the University has signed a cooperative learning contract and where the University feels the experience of the exchange program significantly enhances the learning experience of the students who participate.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for a University of Massachusetts Exchange Tuition Waiver Program, a student must:
- Be enrolled in a degree program at the University of Massachusetts.
- Meet eligibility criteria established by the University of Massachusetts.
- Be a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Not have received a prior bachelors degree or its equivalent.
- Be in compliance with Selective Service Registration requirements.
- Not be in default of any Federal or State loan or owe a refund on any previously received financial aid.
- Be maintaining satisfactory academic progress in accordance with institutional standards.
The five campuses of the University of Massachusetts.
To be determined by the University of Massachusetts.
How Do I Apply?
Contact the financial aid office at the institution you are attending or plan to attend for application requirements or deadlines. You can also contact the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance at (617) 391-6070 to obtain more information.